The Party Wall etc. (1996) Act

If you, or your neighbours, are considering work which directly affects the shared party wall, a wall within 3m of the area of construction or building a wall or foundations along or over the party wall line then you will need to appoint a party wall surveyor to act on your behalf.

The Party Wall etc. (1996) Act is designed to work for both parties in protecting their property and their rights and ensuring clarity and definition should any damage occur to a neighbouring property during the construction process.

I offer party wall services for either the constructing or neighbouring party and can act indiscriminately for both parties at the same time.

All fees in respect of party wall services are the liability of the neighbour undertaking the construction.

If you have any questions or if you have had a party wall notice served on you that you want help with, give me a call on 07831 514 051 or email me at